Westside is a warm and welcoming club situated in the heart of Wimbledon.
We pride ourselves on our inclusivity, catering for a wide range of standards. We offer an extensive range of tennis activities for both adults and juniors:
- For our competitive players, we have teams in both the County and Team Tennis leagues. We have weekly team practice, led by one of our coaches. We run a competitive ladder all year round and hold our annual club tournament in August/ September
- For our social players, we organise social tennis sessions throughout the week
- For improvers, we offer structured group lessons as well as access to individual lessons
- For our juniors, we run junior development programmes throughout the year, as well as holiday camps
We are a community tennis club run by its members and led by a committee made up of member volunteers.
Our facilities include:
- A large clubhouse with changing facilities
- 12 outdoor courts (11 floodlit). Floodlights are free to use for members, and we have a facility to enable members to switch on the lights themselves, even if the clubhouse is closed.
- Practice mini court
- Bar and Café with freshly made food and cakes
- Outdoor seating space to watch the tennis and enjoy the sun
- Two large screen TVs showing Sky Sports, BT Sport, Amazon Prime and Eurosport, covering all of the channels that currently show tennis.
- Car Parking
- Table Tennis Table
- A practice wall
All of our courts are well maintained, cleaned and re-surfaced at regular intervals to ensure that they are in excellent condition:
- 4 Poraflex Hard Courts
- 8 Artificial Clay Courts
- 1 Porous Macadam Practice Mini Court
The clubhouse is open from 9am to 11pm on Mondays to Fridays and 9am to 8pm on Saturdays and Sundays depending on social and private functions
The cafe bar is generally open every day from 9am to 6pm and the bar is open every day from 11am to clubhouse closing time.