We have an excellent range of facilities, whether you want to stretch yourself at a competitive level, escape from the hustle and bustle of life and enjoy some leisurely social tennis, or just visit to meet friends for a bite to eat or a drink or two. Westside is a great place to hang out, enjoy some great tennis and stay fit and healthy.
On the court, Westside offers an extensive range of tennis activities for both adults and juniors. We have high performing teams in both the County and Team Tennis leagues, as well as a comprehensive programme of club sessions including team practices, social tennis and organised tennis groups. As a Surrey Tennis Performance Centre, we run an excellent junior development programme and is a supporter of Surrey County Training.
We are a community amateur tennis club run by its members and led by a committee made up of member volunteers. The AGM is held annually in the autumn and members are encouraged to attend.
Our facilities include:
- Comfortable and friendly clubhouse with changing facilities
- 12 outdoor courts (10 floodlit). Floodlights are free to use for members, and we have a new facility to enable members to switch on the lights themselves, even if the clubhouse is closed.
- Practice mini court
- Bar and Café with freshly made food and cakes
- A big TV showing Sky Sports, BT Sport, Amazon Prime and Europort, covering all of the channels that currently show tennis.
- Car parking
All of our courts are well maintained, cleaned and re-surfaced at regular intervals to ensure that they are in excellent condition:
- 4 Porous Macadam Hard Courts
- 8 Artificial Clay Courts
- 1 Porous Macadam Practice Mini Court
The clubhouse is open from 8:00am to 10:30pm on Mondays to Thursdays, and 8:00am to 8:00pm on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. The tea bar is generally open every day from 9:00am to 6:00pm and the bar is open every day from 11:00am to clubhouse closing time (depending on social and private functions).